FRESH OKRA (LADY FINGER) 100G
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Fast facts about okra
- Okra is a green, finger-shaped vegetable with a characteristic viscous juice.
- It provides fiber, folate, and vitamin K.
- Its nutritional content means it can promote heart health and strong bones and protect against cancer.
- Buy okra when it is firm and keep it dry. Store for no more than 3 to 4 days in paper or plastic in a crisper drawer.
- Cooking it whole makes it the mucilaginous juice, unpopular with some people, less obvious.
- People who use blood thinners should not eat too much okra, as the vitamin K levels can interact with the drug.