FROZEN OKRA (LADY FINGER) 100G
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Okra is a warm-season vegetable, also known as gumbo or ladies’ fingers. It is a good source of minerals, vitamins, and fiber. It contains a characteristic viscous juice that can be used to thicken sauces. Okra is popular in the southern United States (U.S.), parts of Africa and the Middle East, the Caribbean, and South America.
Frequently Bought Together
SMOKED GOAT MEAT 1KG$8.02
Fast facts about okra
- Okra is a green, finger-shaped vegetable with a characteristic viscous juice.
- It provides fiber, folate, and vitamin K.
- Its nutritional content means it can promote heart health and strong bones and protect against cancer.
- Buy okra when it is firm and keep it dry. Store for no more than 3 to 4 days in paper or plastic in a crisper drawer.
- Cooking it whole makes it the mucilaginous juice, unpopular with some people, less obvious.
- People who use blood thinners should not eat too much okra, as the vitamin K levels can interact with the drug.
There are no reviews yet.